Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friday Tea

On Friday afternoons, we attempt to have tea....together as a family. Since Daddy works from home on Fridays, he can usually come downstairs, laptop in hand (er..on lap) and join us. One of the goals for this gathering is a time of recitation for the children. They will recite memory verses, poems, stories, or play a song that they've been working on. It's been a lot of fun. We have not had a proper (using the term very loosely here) tea since before Christmas. Since the junior college schedule changed then, we just hadn't figured out the timing.  But I think we're now back in business. 

 If you're in the neighborhood, you can join us! But be warned that you ought to come w/ a poem or verse ready! Guests are expected to participate as well!

Just as a side note: That old coffee carafe in the background IS filled with half-and-half. Those lovely little cream pitchers don't do the job for a family of 12 - we have too many milk-tea drinkers - actually sugar and cream w/ a splash of tea drinkers!


11 comments:

  1. What a good idea. And what a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing it. Your children are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my place. I will be back to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words on my blog! I am feeling much, much better these days. Praise the Lord! Your family is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to reading more about your corner of the world! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, is there an online pattern for that adorable crocheted ball (your "latest crochet project") that's on your sidebar?
    I would love to make one of those for my new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, We LOVE that soccer ball...they are very cosy, but I should let you know mine come out the size of beach balls - like a big cushy pillow. My older children really like them - fun to just lay on the floor while watching a movie etc... I imagine a smaller hook size would make it better for little people. But be warned they are really fun! You may end up making more than you ever imagined...we still aren't tired of making them! The following link is where I got the pattern! Have fun!



    http://www.crochetbug.com/how-to-make-an-african-flower-soccer-ball/

    http://www.crochetbug.com/how-to-make-an-african-flower-soccer-ball/assembling-the-african-flower-soccer-ball/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! ten kids!! i love it!!

    and that crochet soccer ball is amazing!
    the tea on fridays sounds like a great idea, we live in idaho...not sure how far we'd have to drive to join in the fun!

    God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keri, I popped over to your blog after reading your sweet comment on mine. I can see that we must be kindred spirits. What a lovely blog you have. We share so many interests. I am excited to explore it more. I love the tea post; It makes me miss my girls at home... we had tea often, and still do when visiting each other... although never regularly as you have established. So delightful and inspiring. Thanks for visiting.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mountain Mama, Thanks for your nice comment! We live just outside of Portland, Oregon...so if you are ever in the area, we'd LOVE to have tea w/ ya....even if it's NOT a Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, it reminds me of when my girls were little and we'd have tea every Thursday afternoon. So sweet! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the crochet pattern Keri. I feel I MUST FINISH all the half done knitting and crocheting projects I have in my basket now before I allow myself the reward of starting the "ball" though! I always want to start something new when I'm in the middle of the tedious part of whatever project I'm currently working on. *sigh* Discipline, discipline, focus, focus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we live in idaho and go to ontario maybe twice a month to run errands. i'll let you know if we ever make it to portland! :)

    ReplyDelete