Monday, January 30, 2012

Make it Monday

Today's Make it Monday ...............
 
Lifeinmyhousefulofboys
 
is going to feature Madeline.
 
 
I was not able to work on a project this week....lack of sleep and helping Rachel care for preemie lambs. (Which are both still living, one looking quite well, and the other...we're still waiting....improvements every day!)
Meanwhile, Miss Madeline has been knitting up a storm. Sarah and I are hosting a little knitting group called 'Knit and Natter' for some young ladies ages 6-9. It meets once a month. They are working on little squares that are samples of some basic knitting stitches.  They will make 12 squares and sew them together for a dolly blanket. Madeline has completed 8 of the squares. She has actually made at least twice that many, and taken them out because of mistakes. Her perserverance has been amazing! So, without further ado, here she is with her work......
 
 


 

8 comments:

  1. How cool! I have taught children how to sew...and tried to teach my grandkids to knit...but never did very well... you must have a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Good job for Maddie!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she is doing sooooooooooo good! I love seeing her face feeling so good at what she accomplished. What a treasure this will be and a wonderful keep sake too! Two thumbs up indeed!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. How utterly charming Ms. Madeline is! How nice that she perseveres to correct her mistakes. Her work looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful those little lambs are still living! I thought about them just the other day.

    "Yeah" for your little Madeline! She is so precious. I can see this being a very fun project. What a lovely idea also to have a little girl group learning together. Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and wonderful to host a monthly event like that for little girls. Your daughter is adorable. What a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious! I hope you'll share once the girls are finished with their dolly blankets.

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed. I've tried to teach my daughter (12 yrs old) to knit a few times now. And it's like pulling teeth... for both of us! I've given up, thinking maybe some girls are just not knitters. I don't know, maybe I'm just being lazy and should press through a little (lot!) more. Oh well. She likes cooking and sewing, so I've decided to stick with building on what she enjoys, for both our sakes. :)

    Great job Madeline!

    ReplyDelete