Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Favorite Flavor of M&M's!

Today, we celebrate 8 years of Twins....Affectionately called the M&M's in our home!

We are so blessed by this sweet addition to our family! Never would I have imagined I would have twins....My dearest friend had twins (in fact those twins are my oldest daughter, Sarah's, best friends) Several other acquantances have twins...but, as we were pregnant for our 9th time, I had rather not given it a thought.....oh that fun day of the ultrasound.......the technician chatting happily, finding out about us and teasing that, "oh, maybe you'll get twins this time!", and then, as she begins the scan, going quite silent....we thought something was amiss...perhaps in a bad way.....and then she looks at us and says, "there are two of them..." Gregg grabbed a chair, and I (if you know me, you will NOT be surprised by this) giggled....and giggled...which is NOT conducive to taking measurements if you are a technician...but, there I was...uncontrollable giggling...I could stop for moments, but, then would just begin again. Poor technician...not only did her job just get doubled in length, but this momma wouldn't stop giggling.

Okay...enough of that...
Here are our toothless 8 year olds today!



Still making me giggle!
 They are kind, precious little girls that are a blessing to everyone in our family! I love to see how each of them interact with each of the other children. AND how they interact with each other. 

Megan Joy is a thoughtful child. She likes to know how and why things works. She thinks....and watches and figures things out. She likes to sing...sometimes rather loudly.

Madeline Hope laughs. She is quite care-free and easy going. She is quick to forgive.

They are the best of friends.

Today, we grew out of carseats. In our state, law requires children to be in car seats until they are 8 years old. We have had carseats in our cars for 22 years. Eight years ago, upon their arrival, we had to have 6 carseats in our car.
Today, we have  zero. 
So exciting for them! A bit melancholy for me. More room in the car for everyone!

Very Happy Birthday, Megan Joy!
Very Happy Birthday, Madeline Hope!

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon  you,
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift His countenance upon you, 
and give you peace.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! It makes me smile to think of you laughing and laughing during your ultrasound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davene,
    I was just so tickled...it is a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story! I would have giggled, too! They are adorable and I can tell they are the best of friends. Precious! My Abigail just turned 8! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the girls! Over here we need to use car seats until children are 11 or reach 148cm tall, which ever comes first. Our 8 year old is a couple of cm too short still and desperate to reach it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a story!! What a blessing!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    And a most happy (belated) b-day to your m&m's!

    ReplyDelete