Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Some Birthday Pictures

Thought I'd post some of the evening's pictures - celebrating our toothless 8 year olds!
Peasant blouses made from this pattern. and some denim leggings that look nice under dresses (and long tunics!) and tuck into furry boots easily. 
We like our little girls to look....well, like little girls. (Seems to be difficult to achieve this w/ ready made clothes these days!)

Rachel bought them these sweet ballerina shirts.....


and Emily bought them these sweet ballerina books. 

Sarah Jayne set up a lovely treasure hunt...this morning...and they are enjoying listening to a 'princess-ish' violin cd, which was the prize at the end of the hunt.

Now, out to the pickle ball court, and then to some frisbee - the games of choice for the birthday girls!


6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about store bought clothes. I'm thankful our children attend private catholic school and wear uniforms! I'm always searching for pretty, modest girl clothes for my girls. Shoes without heels, shorts that go down to the knees, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pics, mama! Will Ems post the video and her pics soon?
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so, so precious, and they are getting me a little choked up because it makes me remember my girls at that age. I love the dresses, and also the ones in the previous post. I was catching up on your previous posts and saw that you made the pop tarts... It was fun to see. I love the variations you made. I will have to try them out; they sound really good. Happy Birthday to your very sweet M and M's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls would ADORE those blouses! Such precious 8 year olds. I bet you feel like time is flying by. Whenever my kids have a birthday, it makes me wonder where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look adorable Happy Birthday!! ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sure are growing up quickly! They look like such joyful little girls! Happy Belated Birthday, Girls!

    ReplyDelete